SIMPLE ACCESS CHECKING
Even family members. You do the math. When you tell your friends about First Merchants and they open a new First Merchants Personal Checking Account or Auto Loan, you could earn up to $500 a year when referring multiple friends!REGISTER AND START REFERRING NOW
First Merchants Simple Access Checking
The First Merchants Simple Access account is the perfect bank account for people who want simplicity with no overdrafts.1 You'll spend only the money you have available, while building your banking history.
- Overdrafts are not enabled on this account to help you spend only what you have in your account and avoid the cost of overdrawing1
- Paper statements or eStatements
- Free ATMs nationwide with MoneyPass ATM Network
- Free Mobile, Online and Text Banking
- Free Enhanced MasterCard Debit Card with ID Theft Protection2
- Money orders and official checks may be purchased for half price with cash
- Free Overdraft Protection Transfers with any linked account3
- Quickly and easily send money to friends and family with Zelle® 4 (Available within our mobile app)
- No minimum deposit to open.5
- No paper checks, except those processed through Online Bill Pay.
- Electronic cash withdrawals only, which can be made at the ATM, through a point of sale purchase, or as a cash advance in the banking center.
- Qualifications to move to another account type: You may ask to transfer from the Simple Access Account into another First Merchants checking account once your account has been open for 12 months and has a positive balance.
- $4.00 monthly service fee. Other fees may apply. Not eligible for any special programs.
Open an Account Today.
Need help opening an account online?
 We will decline or return transactions when you do not have enough money in your account to cover the charge. However, you could still end up with a negative balance if, for example, a transaction is approved for one amount, but then the actual charge is larger than the balance you have in your account (like when you add a tip at a restaurant after the transaction for the meal was already approved). Even if you have a negative balance, we will not charge you an overdraft fee.  Certain restrictions may apply.  We'll automatically transfer funds to cover your negative balance, in $50 increments on linked deposit accounts.  Must have a bank account in the U.S to use Zelle®. Zelle and Zelle related marks are wholly owned by Early Warning Services, LLC and are used herein under license.  Make a deposit within 60 days to avoid account closure or maintenance fees.