Personal Mobile & Online Banking
Access Your Accounts Online
- You can use online banking to transfer your payments monthly or set up automatic recurring transfers. Log in to online banking and navigate to the “Pay and Transfers” tab. Under “Loan Payments,” select “Make a Loan Payment.” Add the account you wish to pay from and choose the account that is to receive the funds. Click “Continue” and select if you would like to make a regular payment or one with additional funds to reduce the principal. Finally, select the date the payment is to be made.
There are multiple ways you can access your Home Equity Line of Credit funds. Credit Line Equity Access Checks or Credit Card—access your funds via credit line equity access checks or credit card transaction using the Equity Access checks or card associated with your HELOC.
- Online—Simply log in to your online banking account and easily transfer money from your HELOC directly into your checking or savings account.
- Telephone Request—Call customer service at 1.800.205.3464 to request a credit advance from your Credit Line be applied to your designated account.
- Request by Mail—Mail a request to your local banking center.
- In-Person Request—Visit your local banking center to request a credit advance.
- To find an ATM near you, visit firstmerchants.com and click the “Locations” tab in the upper right corner. In the “Location Types” field, select “ATM” and enter your address, city, state or ZIP code. To find an ATM on the mobile app, click “More” then select “ATM Locations.” Enter your city, state or ZIP code for the nearest location.
- Visit firstmerchants.com and select “Enroll Now” under “Sign in to Online Services” at the top left of the page. Select the type of account you wish to add to online banking and agree to the terms. Click “Continue” and enter your account information. If you are having trouble signing up, you can also visit your local banking center or call customer service at 1.800.205.3464.
You can use Bill Pay to quickly set up and pay your bills easily and securely; just click on Pay and Transfer > Pay Bills to get started.
To pay your bills online, you simply add the companies and people you want to pay. You can pay anyone in the United States that you would normally pay by check or automatic debit. Even if you do not receive bills from the company or person you want to pay, you can add the information we use to make the payments.
- Add a bill. Tell us who you want to pay by entering a person or business name, clicking Add, and adding the information we use to make your payments. You can also add an electronic bill or eBill from billers that can send them.
- Pay a bill. To pay a bill, find it in your bills list and enter the amount and date for the payment. You can also view your pending and recent payments.
Quick Facts About Paying Your Bills
- You only have to add the companies and people you want to pay once. The company or person remains in your list of bills until you delete the biller.
- You can set up reminders to receive notification when a bill is due, or autopay to pay at regular intervals.
- When you enter a payment amount, Bill Pay automatically displays the earliest date the biller will receive the payment. You can accept this date or change it.
- You can make an expedited payment to some billers by sending a check through an overnight delivery service.
- You can edit or cancel payments (except for expedited payments) until they process.
If you need to send money or make a payment quickly, consider an Expedited Payment/Overnight Check Delivery. This service within Bill Pay supports payments to both businesses and individuals who do not accept electronic payments. Payment instructions received by 2:00 p.m. will be processed for delivery the next business day. Fees apply.
All transfers received after 9 p.m. ET will be processed on the next business day.
'Once, now' transfers between your First Merchants accounts will affect your available balance and appear in account history immediately as a pending item. Settlement of the transfer will occur the next business day if the transfer is after 9 p.m. ET or on a non-business day. Scheduled or recurring transfers will be processed and appear the morning of the date scheduled.
$5,000 per transfer, per business day.
External transfers enable personal banking customers to transfer funds to or from a deposit account at another institution. Before transfers can take place, you will be required to verify the amount of two small deposits to the external account.
Once you're signed in to Online Banking, you can view cleared transactions by clicking on the name of the account you'd like to see details for, or by choosing Account Activity under the Accounts tab. The Pay and Transfer tab options enable you to view scheduled, pending, and cleared transactions for a selected account.
You can reorder checks through Deluxe within the Customer Service tab of Online Banking. Just choose Order Checks and select the appropriate account.
Yes, Online Banking allows you to view the front and the back of each deposit ticket.
- Up to 18 months of transaction history is available in Business Online Banking. You can access account history and search transactions with the Reports/Activity-deposit accounts function.
From firstmerchants.com, simply select the correct service from the signin box’s dropdown menu. You’ll be taken to that service’s signin page to begin the login process.
- Each account owner should have their own user ID and password for Online Banking.
Yes, once you're signed in to Online Banking, you can change your ID under Customer Service > Change User ID. The ID can be changed to any available ID that meets the requirements (8- 32 characters, must include at least 2 letters and 2 numbers, maximum 5 change attempts per day, cannot reuse a user ID, must be different from your password).
If you enter your password incorrectly three times, you will be temporarily locked out of the Business Online Banking system. Please call Treasury Solutions at 1.866.833.0050 to reset your password.