First Merchants Elite Checking
Designed for our clients who value a comprehensive, whole bank relationship and maintain large balances, this checking account earns our highest interest and special benefits.
- Get our highest checking interest rate by simply opening an account online, calling us or stopping in a banking center
- Open your account with no opening deposit*
- CD interest rate bonus of 0.05% Annual Percentage Yield (APY)
- Money Market Savings interest rate bonus of 0.05% Annual Percentage Yield (APY)
- Money Market Account with Monthly Maintenance Fee Waived¹
- No annual fee on new Home Equity Lines of Credit (HELOC)²
- Loan discounts of 0.25%³
- Free Specialty Checks
- Free Paper Statements or eStatements
- Free Official Checks and Money Orders
- 25% discount on Safe Deposit Box rental where available
- Free ATMs nationwide with MoneyPass
- Free Overdraft Protection Transfers from any linked account
- Free Mobile and Text Banking
- Free Online Banking including Bill Pay (must be 18 years of age for Bill Pay)
- Quickly and easily send money to friends and family with Zelle®. Available within our mobile app.4
- Free Enhanced MasterCard Debit Card with ID Theft Protection
- Samsung Pay and Apple Pay
How to keep it free:
- Maintain $15,000 minimum combined personal deposit balances. Otherwise, $20 monthly maintenance fee.
Maximize your benefits by pairing this checking account with our Money Market Account.
You can open it online at the same time.
Other service fees may apply. Please see our Banking Fees.
Check Rates and Open an Account Now.
Need help opening an account online?
1Monthly maintenance fee waived for statement cycles where you maintain an open First Merchants Elite or First Merchants Advantage account. If you have an open First Merchants Elite or First Merchants Advantage account and receive the $10 monthly
maintenance fee on the Money Market account, the fee will be refunded on the next statement cycle.
2Subject to credit approval.
3 With automatic payments from a First Merchants checking account. Subject to credit approval, excludes first mortgage real estate loans and lines of credit, offer valid for consumer purpose installment loans only.
Zelle and the Zelle related marks are wholly owned by Early Warning Services, LLC and are used herein under license.
4Must have a bank account in the U.S. to use Zelle
*Make a deposit within 60 days to avoid account closure or maintenance fees.