First Merchants Lockbox
A lockbox is a bank maintained processing service dedicated to expediting collections by receiving and processing remittances for a host company in a convenient and efficient manner.
Efficient and Secure Processing
- Your checks and remittance information will be sent to one of our post office boxes.
- We receive mail, open envelopes, examine checks for correct payer and dollar amount, endorse checks, facilitate deposits, and process remittance information.
- For faster and better service, we maintain lockbox processing centers in Indianapolis, Columbus, OH, and Chicago, with access to a nationwide lockbox network.
- Improved Cash Flow: Improve your cash flow by accelerating the posting of accounts receivable mail and processing float.
- Reduce Cost: Reduces internal receivables processing costs, potential for data entry errors, and time posting receivables to your accounting system.
- Improved Customer Service: Timely receipt of payment data and images online allows you to support customer service inquiries and facilitate decisions regarding the shipment of additional goods to your customers.
- Improve Security: Improves security of payment handling by separating invoicing and receiving.
Online Receivables Portal
Through this online platform, you can access your receivable data in one place.
- Access all payment and remittance information on the same day they are processed
- Search capabilities on any captured fields
- Detailed and Summary Reports
- Export images for client e-mail/letters, research, and issue resolution
- Administrative controls for system access
- Submit customer service requests within portal
Images of items are maintained in our image archive system for a standard of 5 years. We also offer a long-term image archive of 7 years or an image transmission file that can be imported into your image software.
Specialized Lockbox Options
- Retail Lockbox: High volume scannable coupon payment processing with data transmission for automated accounts receivable posting.
- Wholetail Lockbox: A customized mix of wholesale and retail lockbox processing options.
- Property Management: A specialized lockbox that enables assessment payments to be sent to one lockbox, with the deposits made to separate accounts for each homeowners association.
We've Got Answers
Have questions about your Lockbox service? To learn more, call us at 1.866.833.0050 or email us.