The Mary K. Garr Scholarship Foundation was established in 1994 by the estate of local businesswoman Mary Kathryn Garr to provide financial assistance to worthy high school students who live in Delaware County. Recipients must demonstrate the aptitude,
character, and motivation to be successful in educational endeavors.
The scholarship awards are granted for one academic year only and must be renewed each additional year. To continue to receive the award, recipients must maintain a “B” (3.0 GPA) or better and maintain full-time enrollment status.
This award amount will fluctuate each year the scholarship is awarded, based on the income available.
DOWNLOAD THE MARY K. GARR SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION
DOWNLOAD THE MARY K. GARR SCHOLARSHIP RENEWAL APPLICATION*
APPLY FOR SCHOLARSHIP
RENEW YOUR SCHOLARSHIP
*renewal applications do not require supplemental information
Supplemental Information (to be included with New Application, does not need to be provided with Renewal Applications):
- List of extra-curricular activities (i.e. Athletics, Social Clubs, Student Body Government, Community Involvement, Honors, Awards, etc.). Include the activity, years participating and any offices held, recognition and/or honors.
- List work experience & wage earned (current-employment first).
- A brief summary of why you chose your intended course of study. Include the importance of it in today's society and the important issues facing it today. Please limit to 150 words.
- Provide an essay answering one of the following questions below: (Please limit your essay to 300 words.)
- Who in your life has been your biggest influence and why?
- What has been your most significant accomplishment in high school and why?
- What do you hope to accomplish once your college career is complete?
- Which questions do you wish we had asked and how would you respond?
- One letter of nomination from your high school counselor or principal.
- One letter of recommendation from a non-family member.
- High school transcript that includes GPA, class standing, SAT and/or ACT scores.
- Acceptance letter from the college you plan to attend, if received.
Instructions for submitting required Material:
- Compile application and all supplemental information into one PDF file.
- Compose email with subject line that reads: Scholarship Name – Student Name, Semester/Year
- Example: Mary K. Garr Scholarship – Jane Doe – Fall 2021
- Attach PDF and send email to FMPWA contact listed below