PLEASE NOTE: Our scholarship applications are currently closed. Please check back during Fall 2020.
The Benjamin F. Shroyer Scholarship gives preference to the students who desire to attend college, desire to enter the field of nursing, desire to study in the medical field, and who are the children of First Merchants Bank or Old National Delaware County
employees. Applicants must have a cumulative GPA of 2.0 and have applied for admission to a college or university. Students are eligible to receive up to eight semester awards during the course of their studies, and must maintain a 2.0
minimum GPA, and must re-apply for renewal each academic year.
Parent of applicants must have been working at Old National Bank and Trust, First Merchants Bank, First Merchants Corporation, or First Merchants Private Wealth Advisors for a minimum of two consecutive calendar years by the coming fall semester in order
for their children to be eligible to apply for the scholarship. Parents of applicants must be employed in one of the offices located in Delaware County.
Supplemental Information (to be included with scholarship application:)
- List of extra-curricular activities (i.e. Athletics, Social Clubs, Student Body Government, Community Involvement, Honors, Awards, etc.). Include the activity, years participating and any offices held, recognition and/or honors.
- List work experience & wage earned (current-employment first).
- A brief summary about your intended area of study and your reason for choosing this major or career: (Required for both new & renewal applicants.
- Most recent high school or college transcript. High school transcript should include SAT and/or ACT scores. College transcript must include school name, student name, most recent semester GPA.
- New applicants must provide photograph.
Instructions for submitting required Material:
- Compile all required information into one email.
- Subject line should read: [Scholarship Name - Student Name, Semester / Year]
- Example: Benjamin F. Shroyer Scholarship - Curtis Krammes, Spring 2020