Your Private Banking Partner will help you find solutions for the day-to-day liquidity, while also assisting the rest of your wealth management team as they formulate plans for your total relationship. Each client’s needs are intricate and nuanced.
First Merchants will tailor a strategy appropriate for your current needs that will easily adapt to your changing goals. Our advisors will build a plan to fit you and not the other way around.
Our Private Checking Account is an FDIC insured account that provides Private Wealth Clients an essential tool to manage your daily banking needs with ease and accessibility. Some of your exclusive account benefits include:
- Five Complimentary Foreign ATM transactions4
- Official Checks and Money Orders
- First order of standard checks or 50% off the first order of other designs
- Enhanced MasterCard Debit Card1
- Retirement Consultation
- Online Banking and Bill Pay (must be 18 years or older to use Bill Pay)
- Mobile and Text Banking
- Telephone Banking
- Overdraft Protection Transfers from any linked account2
- MoneyPass Surcharge Complimentary ATM Network
HOW TO KEEP IT COMPLIMENTARY
Maintain a monthly account balance of $2500 or greater. Otherwise $10 monthly maintenance fee.
- CD and IRA - CD interest rate bonus of 0.05% APY
- No Fee Money Market Savings - interest rate bonus of .10% APY6
- Premier Interest Rates on tiered deposit balances3
- Family Benefits - up to 6 complimentary First Merchants Carefree checking accounts for immediate family members
- No Annual Fee on any new Home Equity Line of Credit5
- $250 off closing costs for new residential mortgage
- Safe deposit box rental discount of 25%
1Certain restrictions may apply. 2We'll automatically transfer funds lo cover your negative balance, in $50 increments on linked deposit accounts. Automatic transfers do count toward transaction limits on savings accounts. Service charges may apply.
3The variable interest rate and annual percentage yield for your account depends upon the applicable balance. The interest rate and annual percentage yield for these tiers may change at any time. The interest rate changes are made at the bank's discretion.
Interest will accrue daily and credit monthly. If you close your account before interest is credited, you will receive the accrued interest. We use the daily balance method to calculate interest on your account. This method applies a daily periodic
rate to the principal in the account each day. Interest begins to accrue no later than the business day we receive credit for the deposit of noncash items (for example, checks). 4Foreign ATM transactions are; inquiries, transfers, and withdrawals
at non First Merchants ATMs. Private Checking accounts will receive five free foreign ATM transactions and five rebates of the ATM operator's fee up to $20 per statement cycle and $4 per transaction. 5Subject to credit approval. 6Combined minimum deposit
balance of at least $1.00 between First Merchants Elite, First Merchants Advantage, Private Checking, or Private Wealth checking and Money Market savings to waive the Money Market savings minimum balance requirement. The interest rate bonus cannot
be combined with any other promotional offer. *Certain restrictions may apply. Terms subject to change.