With ACH Positive Pay, ACH debit transactions that are presented for payment from your account(s) are displayed through Business Online Banking as Exceptions. You can review Exceptions during the Review Period and decision legitimate items to pay
or return unauthorized debits.* During the Review Period, you can set up payment rules to pay or filter future transactions presented by the Originator. Payment rules can be established for each Originator based on:
- Account Number
- Maximum Dollar Amount
- Transaction Type
The Review Period is generally 8:00 am to 3:00 pm ET each business day. Exceptions must be decisioned by 3:00 pm ET. You simply login to Business Online Banking to view Exceptions and instruct First Merchants to pay or return each item. If no decision
is made on an Exception item by the deadline, the ACH debit transaction will be returned.
- Saves you the time, money, and worry involved in dealing with unauthorized or fraudulent transactions.
- Add, edit, and delete rules for incoming ACH debit transactions by Originator.
- Check Positive Pay and ACH Positive Pay Exceptions are decisioned in the same module.
- If you choose not to set up payment rules for an Originator, all ACH debits presented to your account will be considered Exceptions and you can make the decision to pay or return every transaction.
- You can set up alerts to notify you when you have an Exception item to review and/or to remind you an hour before the decision window closes that items have not been decisioned.
Printable Quick Start Guide
Download and print our ACH Positive Pay Quick Start Guide, featuring step-by-step instructions here.
First Merchants offers The Strength of Big, The Service of Small. With a broad product suite and experienced professionals to deliver superior service, we offer customized solutions to effectively manage cash flow for any size and type of organization.
For more information, call our Treasury Solutions team at 1.866.833.0050. We look forward to working with you.
*Returns will be processed as Corporate Customer Advises Not Authorized. If return is dishonored, you may be required to provide evidence that transaction was unauthorized.