First Merchants Advantage Checking
An interest-bearing account with special benefits created for clients who are frequent debit card users, receive monthly direct deposits or retain a balance and free for seniors.
- Earns interest
- No fee Money Market Savings¹
- Loan discounts of 0.25%²
- 50% discount on Personal Checks
- Free Official Checks and Money Orders
- Free ATMs nationwide with MoneyPass
- Free Overdraft Protection Transfers from any linked account
- Free Mobile and Text Banking
- Free Online Banking including Bill Pay and People Pay (must be 18 years of age for Bill Pay)
- Free Enhanced MasterCard Debit Card with ID Theft Protection
- Free Gold Standard Rewards™ with first-time login bonus
- Samsung Pay and Apple Pay
- Free eStatements (paper statements are $3 per month)
First Merchants Advantage Checking is FREE for seniors (62 and older)
Additional Senior Benefits:
- No monthly maintenance fee
- Free Specialty Checks
- Free Paper Statements
How to keep it free:
- Make one direct deposit of at least $500 monthly³, OR
- Make 15 debit card transactions per month, OR
- Maintain $1,500 minimum combined personal deposit balances
- Otherwise, $15 monthly maintenance fee.
Maximize your benefits by pairing this checking account with our Money Market Account. You can open it online at the same time.
Other service fees may apply. Please see our Banking Fees.
¹Minimum balance of at least $1 in Advantage Checking account and Money Market account to waive the Money Market Savings service charge of $8. ²With automatic payments from a First Merchants checking account. Subject to credit approval, excludes first mortgage real estate loans and lines of credit, offer valid for consumer purpose installment loans only.
³Multiple deposits of less than $500 will not qualify to waive monthly maintenance fee.  Seniors 62 and older.