Maximize Your Points by using your First Merchants debit card!
- When you slide your card at stores, instead of using your PIN, press ‘cancel’ or ‘credit’ and sign for your purchase.
- If your purchase is for a small amount, it may not require a signature, but don’t worry: as long as you don’t enter your PIN, you’ll still earn points.
- At the gas pump, make sure you choose ‘credit,’ not ‘debit.’ The transaction will be deducted from your account as normal, but you’re sure to earn points.
Phone or Mail
- Catalog purchases or bill payments can earn you points as long as you use your card number, not your account number.
- Don’t give the phone operator your routing or account number; instead, ask them to run your MasterCard® and provide your 16-digit account number, expiration date, and security code. When in doubt, ask that your transaction be processed as a ‘credit’ transaction.
- Note – Some companies may charge a fee for phone payments, but First Merchants will never charge a fee for using your card.
Online and Automatic Payments
- When checking out at online stores, you can earn points as long as you select the MasterCard® payment option and enter your card information.
- You won’t earn points if you enter your routing and account numbers, so payment sites like PayPal™ won’t help you earn rewards.
- When paying a bill or scheduling an automatic payment, you’ll need to make sure the payment is being processed using your 16-digit card number, not your account number. Amounts drafted from your checking account using banks’ ACH system do not earn rewards points.
Earn Bonus Points with the special offers in our ScoreMore Mall. Once activated, you'll earn Bonus Points on every dollar you spend at select stores near you and online. Thousands of retailers are already part of our program, so be sure to use your debit card to Slide and Sign at all your favorite places to shop!
These transactions do not earn points:
- Cash advances
- Cash transactions
- Purchases authorized with a PIN
- ATM transactions
- ACH payments
- Foreign transactions
- Business Debit Card transactions
- Transactions using a credit card or another bank's debit card
But most* non-PIN based card transactions earn you automatic points, so remember to use your card for all your purchases!
Consider using your card on these everyday purchases to earn even more Gold Standard Rewards™ points:
- Utility Bills
- Car Payment
- Cell Phone
- Home Improvements
- Student Loans
- Healthcare Expenses
- Gym Membership
* Points earned depend on the way that the merchant processes the transaction.