Please include the additional Mary K Garr Scholarship supplemental information with the scholarship application. Applications and supplemental information are due February 1, 2018.
The Mary K. Garr Scholarship Foundation was established in 1994 by the estate of local businesswoman Mary Kathryn Garr to provide financial assistance to worthy high school students who live in Delaware County. Recipients must demonstrate the aptitude, character, and motivation to be successful in educational endeavors.
The scholarship awards are granted for one academic year only and must be renewed each additional year. To continue to receive the award, recipients must maintain a “B” (3.0 GPA) or better and maintain full-time enrollment status. This award amount will fluctuate each year the scholarship is awarded, based on the income available.
- A brief summary of why you chose your intended course of study. Include the importance of it in today's society and the important issues facing it today. Please limit to 150 words.
- Provide an essay answering one of the questions below: (Please limit your essay to 300 words.)
- Who in your life has been your biggest influence and why?
- What has been your most significant accomplishment in high school and why?
- What do you hope to accomplish once your college career is complete?
- Which questions do you wish we had asked and how would you repsond?
- One letter of nomination from your high school counselor or principal.
- One letter of recommendation from a non-family member.
- High School transcripts that include grade point average, class standing, SAT and/or ACT scores.
- Acceptance letter from the college you plan to attend, if received.
Application and supplemental information due by February 1, 2018. Before clicking apply make sure you have all the required supplemental information ready. You cannot save your application and come back to it later.
For additional information, please feel free to contact:
First Merchants Private Wealth Advisors
P.O. Box 1467
Muncie, IN 47308-1467