Welcome to First Merchants Bank!
Please use this timeline and checklist to prepare for the November 10-13 transition of your accounts and services to First Merchants Bank. If you have any questions regarding the following information, please call Customer Service at 1.800.205.3464.
Important things to note about your account:
- iAB Business Online Banking system - changes made after Friday, October 20 will not be moved to your new First Merchants Business Online Banking system.
- Your account number(s) will not change when it is transitioned to First Merchants. You do not need to order new checks.
- Your new First Merchants Debit and Health Savings Account Cards will be mailed the week of October 23. Continue to use your iAB Financial Bank card thru Sunday, November 12. Beginning Monday, November 13 you may activate and begin using your new First Merchants cards. Do not cut up your iAB Financial Bank card until after you activate your First Merchants Debit Card on Monday, November 13. If you haven't received your First Merchants card by Monday, November 6, please contact Customer Service at 1.800.205.3464.
- iAB Financial Bank Online Banking users may begin logging into the First Merchants system on Monday, November 13. Please watch your email for more details on logging in to the First Merchants system.
- iAB Financial Bank Mobile users will need to log in to First Merchants' Online Banking System to activate Mobile Banking after Monday, November 13.
- iAB Financial Bank Bill Pay users will need to re-enroll for ebills on Monday, November 13.
Thursday, November 9
- iAB Financial Bank Bill Pay will no longer be available beginning at 8 a.m. EST.
- Payees and payments will be transitioned to First Merchants Bill Pay and processed as scheduled.
WEEKEND OF NOVEMBER 10-13
Friday, November 10
- A final iAB Financial Bank statement will be printed and mailed including transactions and interest paid through Friday, November 10.
- iAB Financial Bank Online Banking for all users will become unavailable at 5:30 p.m. EST
- Don't forget forget to save or print any statements you may need for future reference.
- Download all transaction history as a CSV or Quicken file if needed.
- iAB Financial Bank Mobile Banking will become unavailable at 5:30 p.m. EST
- Don't forget to uninstall iAB Financial Bank mobile app from your mobile device.
Saturday and Sunday November 11-12
- All iAB Financial Bank and First Merchants Bank locations will remain closed.
- iAB Financial Bank Debit Cards should continue to be used for purchases and cash withdrawals through Sunday, November 12.
- Online Banking and Mobile Banking users will receive First Merchants login information via email.
BEGINNING NOVEMBER 13
Monday, November 13
Online, Mobile, and Telephone Banking:
- Start using First Merchants Online Banking following the instructions received via email.
- Re-establish any account alerts or nicknames and any scheduled or reoccuring transfers set up within Online Banking.
- Re-enroll for any e-bills within Bill Pay.
- Log in to Online Banking to activate Mobile Banking. Then download the First Merchants app from the Apple Store, Google Play Store, or Amazon Appstore.
- Re-establish Telephone Banking at 1.800.473.5055 by following the audio prompts.
- Re-enroll for eStatements.
- Activate and begin using your First Merchants Debit Card by following the instructions included with your new card.
- Cut up your iAB Financial Bank Card.
- Update any automatic or recurring charges you were paying with your iAB Financial Bank Debit Card with your new First Merchants card number.