Online Banking FAQ
You'll need your Online Banking login ID and password to sign in to Online Banking from www.firstmerchants.com. Both your Login ID and password are case-sensitive, so be sure to use capital letters if necessary.
We recommend you bookmark www.firstmerchants.com to take full advantage of our integrated signin box and to access the rest of our online content.
If you enter your password incorrectly too many times, you may be locked out of your account. To reset your access, please call our Customer Service line at 1.800.205.3464, from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. weekdays, and 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Saturday.
Yes, once you're signed in to Online Banking, you can change your ID under Customer Service > Change User ID. The ID can be changed to any available ID that meets the requirements (8- 32 characters, must include at least 2 letters and 2 numbers, maximum 5 change attempts per day, cannot reuse a user ID, must be different from your password).
Each account owner should have their own user ID and password for Online Banking.
You can sign in via the 'Sign In to Other Services' button located directly underneath the Online Banking sign in box on any page. You can also find other services links under the Customer Service menu in Online Banking.
Ninety days of transaction history are available when you first sign in to Online Banking; after that, your history will build up to 18 months of transaction history.
Yes, Online Banking allows you to view the front and the back of each deposit ticket.
You can reorder checks through Deluxe within the Customer Service tab of Online Banking. Just choose Order Checks and select the appropriate account
Once you're signed in to Online Banking, you can view cleared transactions by clicking on the name of the account you'd like to see details for, or by choosing Account Activity under the Accounts tab. The Pay and Transfer tab options enable you to view scheduled, pending, and cleared transactions for a selected account.
External transfers enable personal banking customers to transfer funds to or from a deposit account at another institution. Before transfers can take place, you will be required to verify the amount of two small deposits to the external account.
$10,000 per transfer with no more than $25,000 per business day.
'Once, now' transfers between your First Merchants accounts will affect your available balance and appear in account history immediately as a pending item. Settlement of the transfer will occur the next business day if the transfer is after 6:45 PM EST or on a non-business day. Scheduled or recurring transfers will be processed and appear the morning of the date scheduled.
All transfers received after 6:45 p.m. ET will be processed on the next business day.
If you need to send money or make a payment quickly, consider an Expedited Payment/Overnight Check Delivery. This service within Bill Pay supports payments to both businesses and individuals who do not accept electronic payments. Payment instructions received by 2:00 p.m. will be processed for delivery the next business day. Fees apply.
You can use Bill Pay to quickly set up and pay your bills easily and securely; just click on Pay and Transfer > Pay Bills to get started.
To pay your bills online, you simply add the companies and people you want to pay. You can pay anyone in the United States that you would normally pay by check or automatic debit. Even if you do not receive bills from the company or person you want to pay, you can add the information we use to make the payments.
- Add a bill. Tell us who you want to pay by entering a person or business name, clicking Add, and adding the information we use to make your payments. You can also add an electronic bill or eBill from billers that can send them.
- Pay a bill. To pay a bill, find it in your bills list and enter the amount and date for the payment. You can also view your pending and recent payments.
Quick Facts About Paying Your Bills
- You only have to add the companies and people you want to pay once. The company or person remains in your list of bills until you delete the biller.
- You can set up reminders to receive notification when a bill is due, or autopay to pay at regular intervals.
- When you enter a payment amount, Bill Pay automatically displays the earliest date the biller will receive the payment. You can accept this date or change it.
- You can make an expedited payment to some billers by sending a check through an overnight delivery service.
- You can edit or cancel payments (except for expedited payments) until they process.