MUNCIE, Ind. - First Merchants is proud to partner with United Way to support the MyFreeTaxes program, which provides free state and federal tax preparation and filing assistance for qualified individuals.
Through the program, individuals or families with a combined income under $64,000 in 2016 can file federal and state returns for free online. With filing software provided by H&R Block, it's easy, safe, secure and 100 percent free. You'll just need an email address and any 2016 tax documents to file online.
Get started now by using the link below!
Who qualifies for this free online tax filing service
- Individuals or families with a combined income under $64,000 in 2016
- You do not need to be a resident of a certain county to qualify
- You do not need to be a First Merchants customer
What you'll need to start filing your return online
- A valid email address
- Income forms (w2’s 1099’s, 1098’s)
- For more information, see the MyFreeTaxes Tax Checklist
Have questions while you're filing your taxes? Call us!
Have questions while you’re preparing your return? IRS-certified First Merchants volunteers are available to answer questions February 6 through April 17.
- Hours: Mon. - Wed. - Fri. 10 a.m. - 4 p.m. ET (9 a.m. - 3 p.m. CT).
- Phone number: 1.855.210.3763.
The MyFreeTaxes national helpline is also available at 1.855.MY-TX-HELP (1.855.698.9435)
Or use our computer lab the week of February 27th at our Muncie Downtown location!
First Merchants volunteers are certified to answer questions via telephone that may arise during the filing process; they do not provide tax preparation services. Neither First Merchants Corporation nor its divisions or employees are responsible for any errors made during the tax filing process.