Some important things to note about the transition to First Merchants Online Banking:
- Account transaction history: Your Monroe Bank & Trust transaction history through November 8 will not be available in First Merchants Online Banking.
- Alerts and account nicknames: Please make a note of any alerts or nicknames you have set up in Monroe Bank & Trust system, so you can re-enter them beginning November 11.
- Online Banking Bill Payment: Payees and payments will be transitioned to First Merchants Bill Pay and processed as scheduled.
- E-bills within Bill Pay: Beginning November 18, re-enroll for e-bills within the First Merchants Bill Pay system.
- eStatements: Online banking users will not need to re-enroll for eStatements. If you were enrolled in eStatements at Monroe Bank & Trust, you will automatically be enrolled on the First Merchants Bank system.
Please make sure to print or download all information you may need in the future. We recommend downloading transaction history as a CSV or Quicken® file.
Your new Online Banking system will look a little different than the Monroe Bank & Trust system, but we're sure you'll find your way around quickly. We invite you to visit firstmerchants.com/online-banking, where you can learn more about First Merchants Online Banking using our quick start guides. Once you are signed into your new Online Banking account, an extensive Help section is also available.
Below are a few specific features of First Merchants Online Banking that may interest you.
- External Transfers: You may still create transfers between internal accounts (9:00 p.m. EST cutoff), and after conversion, personal users can even link external accounts from other financial institutions and use our FREE external transfer feature. Choose a one-time transfer or set up a recurring transfer.
- People Pay: People Pay enables you to make fast and secure digital payments to anyone using their mobile phone number or email address. Use People Pay to pay the babysitter, to split the check for dinner, or send some money to a friend for their birthday.
- Personal Financial Management: Personal Financial Management (PFM) enables you to track every dollar through spending reports, net worth calculators and budgeting tools. Our PFM module features reports, spending categorization, account aggregation and even allows you to track the value of your home - all in one secure location.
- Alerts: First Merchants Online Banking supports a variety of email alert options, including minimum balance triggers, cleared checks, and more. Text alerts are not yet available, but will be coming soon.
- Secure Messages: Use the Send Message feature in Online Banking to send a secure message to Customer Service.
- Expedited Payments: Scheduled bill payments can be delivered overnight (if received by 2:00 p.m. EST on a banking day – a $19.95 fee applies).