First Merchants Mobile Banking, available to you beginning November 11, includes the First Merchants Mobile App, text banking, and a mobile browser option. The service is free and available to all Online Banking customers, but you must access Online Banking before logging in to Mobile Banking for the first time.
To Activate Mobile Banking:
- You must log in to the First Merchants Online Banking system, enter the temporary password emailed to you and change the password to one you will use going forward before accessing your accounts via Mobile Banking. If you bypass this step, you may be temporarily locked out.
- Choose "Get Started" under the Mobile Banking Center.
- Review and accept the legal agreement.
- Enter your mobile information.
- Select Mobile Banking Options, review the Terms and Conditions and submit your enrollment form.
- Install the First Merchants Mobile App, available for Android phones and tablets, Apple iPhones and iPads, and Kindle Fire from the Amazon Appstore.
- When signing in, you will use the same credentials as you do for Online Banking. During your first mobile login for each device, you will be required to authenticate yourself by answering a series of automatically generated challenge questions.
Mobile App: With Mobile Deposit!
First Merchants Mobile Apps are available in the App Store, Google Play, and the Amazon Appstore. Use your Apple or Android smartphone or tablet or Kindle Fire to check balances, pay bills, transfer funds, locate banking centers/ATMs and much more. And thanks to the Mobile Deposit feature, depositing checks is as simple as snapping a picture on your smartphone or tablet device.
Download links are available at:
firstmerchants.com/mobile-banking-app. Once you've downloaded the First Merchants app, you'll sign in using the same ID and password you use for Online Banking.
Our text banking service is a fast, easy way for online banking users to check accounts on the go. Check your account balance or view recent transactions by texting commands to 49794 from your enrolled mobile phone. Visit firstmerchants.com/textbanking.pdf for more details. Standard text messaging rates apply, so you should check with your carrier to avoid unexpected charges.
Use your First Merchants Mobile App to control your First Merchants Personal Debit MasterCard. Turn your First Merchants Personal Debit Card on and off in the event your card is lost or stolen, set location limits on transactions including dollar amounts and merchant categories.