Your newBusiness Online Banking system will look a little different than the Monroe Bank & Trust system, but we're sure you'll find your way around quickly. Instructions and online help are available within Business Online Banking: click "How do I...." or "Terms" at the bottom left of the screen or click "FAQs" for frequently asked questions.
We are positive you will enjoy the enhanced features of First Merchants Business Online Banking. if you have questions, please call Customer Service at 1.800.321.0032.
Active Monroe Bank & Trust Online Banking customers, online banking was automatically migrated to the First Merchants Business Online Banking system. Your current Monroe Bank & Trust Online Banking Username/Login ID will be your 'Login ID' on the First Merchants system unless otherwise communicated to you. Your Login ID is case sensitive, so please be sure to enter it correctly.
Business Online Banking Login
- To access First Merchants Business Online Banking, visit firstmerchants.com and use the Sign In To Online Services drop down menu in the upper left corner of the page.
- Click the link that says, "Business Online Banking" from the drop down menu and follow the login instructions provided in your email.
- To log in, you will need your Company ID, Login ID and Password.
- Once you have entered your Login ID you will see security options displayed. The new system has enhanced security and utilizes a security code through either an automated phone call or a text message to your mobile phone. Click on the 'Continue with Security Code' box and a window will display the phone numbers we have on file for you and prompt you to choose a verification method. Once you have completed your verification, you will enter your temporary password and be prompted to change your password to one that you create. If you have questions please contact Customer Service at 1.800.205.3464.
Phone Call Verification
- If you would like an automated phone call to one of your phone numbers on record, select the phone number and hit continue.
- You will receive a phone call that will prompt you to enter the code displayed on your computer screen using your phone. Click 'Phone Call Complete' on your computer when finished.
Text Message Verification
If you prefer to receive a Text Message, simply select “Send a text message to a mobile phone on record” and select Continue. You will be prompted to enter your mobile phone number. Please note – only phone numbers that we have on file (and that were displayed on the previous screen) are eligible to receive text messages. After hitting “Send Text Message”, follow the prompts and enter the text code on your computer.
Your New Password
- You will receive a new, temporary password via email. Use this password during your first login to First Merchants Business Online Banking. Your password is case sensitive so please be sure to enter it correctly.
- During your first login, you will be prompted to change your password. First Merchants passwords do not expire.
- If you have trouble logging in, please check out our troubleshooting guide or contact Customer Service at 1.800.205.3464.
- Account transaction history: Your Monroe Bank & Trust transaction history through November 8 will not be available in First Merchants Online Banking.
- Online Banking Bill Payment: Payees and payments will be transitioned to First Merchants Bill Pay and processed as scheduled.
- E-bills within Bill Pay: Beginning November 18, re-enroll for e-bills within the First Merchants Bill Pay system.
- eStatements: Business Online Banking users will not need to re-enroll in eStatements. Any accounts that are enrolled for eStatements on the Monroe Bank & Trust system will be automatically enrolled on the First Merchants Bank system.
- New Feature: You will now have the ability to create and manage additional users as well as set up ACH and Wire Templates.
- Preview Period: Please log in to Business Online Banking during our preview period November 4 - November 7.
- Alerts: First Merchants Business Online Banking offers a variety of email and text alerts. Please make a note of any alerts you have set up in the Monroe Bank & Trust system, so you can re-enter them during the Preview Period.
- Mobile Banking: All Business Online Banking users are enabled for Mobile Banking. To activate,
log in to Business Online Banking and change your password. Then, download the Business Mobile App from the app store and login using the same credentials. Please note: text banking is not available on Business Mobile.
- Please make sure to print or download all information you may need in the future. We recommend downloading transaction history as a CSV or Quicken/Quickbooks™ file.