First Merchants Supports Peace Monument Renovation

August 29, 2013

Decatur Mayor John Schultz, First Merchants Bank Decatur Market President Dean Fuelling and Bill Wemhoff, a member of the Adams County Peace Monument Committee, stand in front of the Adams County Peace Monument.DECATUR, Ind. - First Merchants Bank recently donated $500 toward the renovation and 100-year rededication of the Adams County Peace Monument. The monument was originally dedicated on October 30, 1913, and pays tribute to peace, the women of the Civil War and the soldiers of Adams County who have served in all wars. The monument sits on the southwest corner of the Adams County courthouse square. The renovation will include the reinstallation of a fountain that had been removed from monument, as well as the installation of a flag pole, walkway and brick memorial wall bearing the names of Adams County residents who have served in the military.

Photo: (from left) Decatur Mayor John Schultz, First Merchants Bank Decatur Market President Dean Fuelling and Bill Wemhoff, a member of the Adams County Peace Monument Committee, stand in front of the Adams County Peace Monument.