Savings and Investment Accounts
If you currently have deposits at both iAB Financial Bank and First Merchants Bank, separate FDIC coverage will apply for six months after the legal merger date (into January) to allow you time to restructure your accounts, if necessary. Please be advised that First Merchants Bank also operates under the trade names of Lafayette Bank & Trust and First Merchants Private Wealth Advisors.
- If you own a Certificate of Deposit (CD) that matures and automatically renews for the same amount and term by January 14, 2018, separate FDIC coverage will continue in place for the new term.
- If you own a CD that matures and automatically renews with a different amount or term, separate coverage is provided only until January 14, 2018.
- If you own a CD that matures after January 14, 20187, separate FDIC coverage will terminate upon maturity of the CD.
- If you have questions about your deposit insurance, please speak with your local banker or call the FDIC directly at 1.877.ASK.FDIC.
Health Savings Accounts
First Merchants Bank is your new Health Savings Account custodian. You will be pleased to know that your Health Savings Account will continue to work as it does today, with only one exception; you will no longer be able to withdraw cash from an ATM with your Health Savings Account card.
New First Merchants Health Savings Account cards will be mailed the week of October 23. If you do not receive your card by Friday, November 3, please contact Customer Service at 1.800.205.3464.
You should continue to use your current iAB Financial Bank Health Savings Account Card through Sunday, November 12. Beginning Monday, November 13 your iAB Financial Bank card will be deactivated and you will need to activate and begin using your new First Merchants Health Savings Account Card. Activation instructions will be included with your card. First Merchants Bank Health Savings Account cards will have a transaction limit of $3,005 per 24-hour period for point of sale purchase.
CDs & IRAs
Your current CD and IRA rates and terms will not change through maturity. First Merchants Bank is your new IRA custodian. If you have an automatically renewing account, you will receive a pre-renewal notice prior to the maturity date.
Making Loan Payments
Maintaining regular loan payments is an important factor in your credit score. Beginning Monday, November 13, you will have several options available for making payments quickly and easily via:
- Mail: P.O. Box 7011
Muncie, IN 47308-7011
- Automatic payment from another First Merchants account
- In person at any First Merchants Bank location
- Online Banking transfer from another First Merchants account
If you are a mortgage customer, we will send you a courtesy reminder notice if your payment is not received within 10 days of your due date.
IMPORTANT NOTE: If you have not received a statement prior to your regularly scheduled loan payment date, please make your payment by your due date to avoid late fees.
Your payment amount will not change unless you have a variable interest rate and the price index changes, or if you have taxes and insurance in escrow and the annual amount increases or decreases. If there are any changes to your account, you will be notified.
Your iAB Financial Bank loan will continue to adhere to the terms of your original loan agreement.
To assist you with this transition,if you currently use checks on your HELOC account you will receive a supply of replacement checks by mail. You should start using your new HELOC checks beginning Monday, November 13.