Please include the additional Harold Ellison Scholarship supplemental information with the scholarship application. Applications and supplemental information are due February 1, 2018.
This scholarship was established by Mr. Harold Ellison, a lifelong resident of Muncie and a longtime employee of the Warner Gear Division of Borg-Warner Corporation. Mr. Ellison wished to award outstanding Delaware County high school graduating seniors enrolling at Ball State University who have also been awarded the Ball State University Presidential Award Scholarship. Indiana Academy students applying must have transferred from a Delaware County high school and have remained a resident of Delaware County. The award is for eight academic semesters of undergraduate study and is subject to annual review of the student’s leadership activities and academic progress by the selection committee. The student must successfully complete a minimum of 30 credit hours during each academic year and maintain a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale. The Harold Ellison Scholarship, in combination with all other federal, state, institutional, and private scholarships, cannot exceed the cost of attendance established by the Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid.
- A brief summary of your goals and aspirations for your college years and the years immediately following.
- An essay discussing what you think is one of the most critical issues facing our society today. Include why you have selected the issue and any ideas you have for resolving it. Your essay needs to be typed, double-spaced, two to four pages in length. Please make use of outside references for this essay and include a works cited.
- Letter of recommendation from an instructor.
- Nomination letter from high school principal or counselor.
- High School Transcripts that include SAT and/or ACT scores.
Application and supplemental information due by February 1, 2018. Before clicking apply make sure you have all the required supplemental information ready. You cannot save your application and come back to it later.
For additional information, please feel free to contact:
First Merchants Private Wealth Advisors
P.O. Box 1467
Muncie, IN 47308-1467