Have Questions or Problems? These Common Issues and Their Solutions Might Help:
Having Trouble Logging In to Online Banking?
- Incorrect Login ID: With few exceptions, your Login ID is the Access ID you used for Citizens Online Banking. Do not try to enter the temporary password emailed to you on Sunday, February 23 as your Login ID. Instead, enter your former Access ID in the login box and click Sign In, then wait to be prompted for your password. If you enter your Login ID incorrectly, you may be presented with challenge questions you did not create; please go back to firstmerchants.com and try logging in again.
- Changing Your Password: When you are prompted to change your password, you're asked to enter your old password and a new password that you create. Your 'Old Password' is the temporary password you used to log in to the system, the password emailed to you on Sunday, February 23. It is not your Citizens Financial Bank Online Banking password.
- Incorrect Case: Your login information is case sensitive. Check to make sure your caps lock is off and any capital letters are entered in the correct case. If you enter your information incorrectly, you may be presented with challenge questions you did not create; please go back to firstmerchants.com and try logging in again.
- Incorrect Login Box: Clients trying to access personal accounts should be entering their information into a red login box. Business clients should be using a blue login box - look for the red login box on the upper left side of the page and click the link that says "Business client? Log in here." The box will turn blue for business sign in. Likewise, personal clients who see a blue login box can click "Not a business? Log in here" to switch to the personal signin box.
- Incorrect Company ID : Business clients must enter both a Company ID, which identifies your company, and a Login ID, which identifies you as a user. Your Company ID is new, and should have been emailed to you Sunday, February 23rd. Your Login ID is the Access ID you have used in the past when logging in to Citizens Online Banking. If you reverse these two IDs, you may be presented with challenge questions you did not create; please go back to firstmerchants.com and try logging in again.
- Temporary Lock Out: If you enter your password incorrectly three times, you will be temporarily locked out of the Online Banking system and will see an error like this:
Before calling Customer Service, please wait 15 minutes, until the lockout time expires, and try again, checking for case sensitivity, etc.
Having Other Issues With Online Banking?
- Account History: Your account history with Citizens is no longer available, but may be accessed through your saved eStatements or other archived documents.
- eStatements: Your final Citizens Financial Bank eStatement, generated on February 21, 2014, should now be available to view.
- Learn More: Want to learn about how to make a payment, create alerts, and more? Take a look at our online resources for additional information about Online Banking. Once you're signed in, you'll also have access to a detailed Help resource - just Click 'Help'.:
Personal demo video
Personal eLearning tutorials
Business demo video
Business eLearning tutorials
Business User Guide (PDF)
Having Trouble Activating Your Debit/ATM Card?
- When activating your First Merchants Bank Debit/ATM Card, please refer to the replacement PIN you received on yellow paper the week of February 17th.
- If you're calling the number included with your new card to activate in, you will need to call from the phone number associated with your account. If you are unable to connect, please activate your card by performing an ATM transaction or making a purchase at any retailer using your PIN.
Experiencing Other Issues?
- If you're experiencing issues getting through to Customer Service, we apologize. We're experiencing abnormally high call volumes and our representatives are working to help each client as quickly as possible. Thanks for your patience.
- In the meantime, you may be able to receive faster service by visiting a nearby banking center.
- If you'd rather call us, our number is 1.800.205.3464, and our hours are Mon.-Fri. 7:00 a.m.-7:00 p.m., Sat. 9:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m. Eastern Time.